The Success Thoughts Worksheet will give you some thoughts to try on that may help with eating but you can change up the language for stopping drinking too.
The inventory worksheet is what I want you to go through and answer objectively so we can get a benchmark.
The Future Self and Thought Download Worksheet will help you practice using different thoughts during the day. You can learn to generate the thought that serves your purpose.
Complete the Food Journal Daily (this is part of the Fat Burner Series too)
The last worksheet is how to tell the difference between emotional and physical hunger.
For your thought download exercise: Do this daily.
- Choose an emotion that you want to practice feeling every day.
- Decide how you want to think and what you want to think to support that emotion.
- Decide how you want to act and what you want your outcome to be as a result of your thoughts and feelings.
- Whenever you feel worry or doubt creep in get out your thought download worksheet and read through your responses. Keep practicing the thoughts and emotions that you want to have. Pretty soon, they will be wired into your subconscious.
When you feel urges and cravings:
- Be curious about the thoughts and emotions. Stop and write down what you are thinking and what you are feeling. Describe how it feels in your body. Does it feel like tension, or tingling? Really get curious about it.
- Don’t resist the emotion, only resist the craving. Be with the emotion. Look at it as if you are someone else. Be an observer of it.
- Keep track of all your cravings and urges in the same way all day long.
- Make note of how long it takes for the cravings to pass…they will.
note: when you are willing to be with the thoughts and emotions that are triggering the cravings and urges, you will take power over them, they will come less often and become less severe. Keep telling yourself that you are OK.