As most of you know, in May 2018, Steve and I decided to step out of our comfort zone and set out for a new adventure…Florida.
Adventurous is a word that no one would use to describe Steve or me. In fact, we are both compliance people, risk averse!
I can tell you that many conversations took place before we made that dream a reality.
We actually had the same idea in 2016 and then we quit…
…we quit on even having the idea.
We quit on dreaming about our future, dreaming about planning our retirement destination…we quit!
In 2016, just talking about it kind of freaked us out. It felt like it was too big of a dream.
It felt like people like us don’t live those kind of dreams,
So, we decided that we should not take a chance.
In 2018, when the topic came up again, I wanted to try my new mindset, the mindset of abundance.
The mindset that said, “everything is possible and nothing is too good to be true.”
We both intentionally reminded ourselves and each other not get attached to the how but focus on the what.
And guess what happened? Within weeks, Steve had a job. Then he began organizing and sorting his keep pile from his sell pile. Then we sold the house, bought a house and amazingly, I got to stay with my job and work remote. Two years ago I would have been afraid to ask if that was a possibility.
Our scarcity mindset in 2016 held us back, slowed down the process, and prolonged the inevitable.
Embracing the abundant mindset, opened our eyes to possibilities, and opportunities and inevitability.
Embracing abundance has opened our lives to others who are sharing in our experience, supporting our adventure and cheering us on and dreaming their own dreams.
Just don’t quit…
I want to leave you with this:
- Take a chance on a piece of crap house sitting on crappy land, it could be your dream home, or someone else’s. Thank you honey for always seeing the vision even when it tested everything about us. We passed!
- Take a chance on that sad little dog that no one wants, it could rescue you right back.
- Take a chance on that no bloodline horse that didn’t even have a name, she may teach you more than you thought you could ever learn.
- Take a chance and drive three hours and try that horse in the parking lot of a truck stop. Then take it home and go to the world show and blow your own mind. Thank you my sweet Kit. The horse with the running heart blaze and a heart that runs deep.
- Take a chance and climb that prickly tree to rescue the only cat to ever wonder onto your property and live to meow about it. He might rescue you back. Thank you Mr. Mr. Kitty. You saved us that weekend.
- Take a chance on a gelding named Buck. Regardless of how horrible he sounds, he may be the most amazing equine you will ever meet. Thank you Buck. I did everything on you first. You started out being the horse that no one wanted and now you are everyone’s horse.
- Take a chance on love again when your heart is ripped out and then buried, she is not gone, she still takes care of you. Thank you Scooter. I felt you catch me when I fell, I feel your breath on my neck, and your presence is peaceful. Please be on the trailer as we travel to Florida.
- Take a chance on a black dog that someone dumps on your property, let him stay. He will fiercely protect you and lovingly greet you and all of your guests. Thank you Shadow Man. What an amazingly loyal and loving creature.
- Take a chance on one more dog even when you know you have enough because he means so much to everyone and he will be just what you needed after all. Be so totally dedicated to loving him that you sit in the rain and play ball with him because that is what makes him happy. Thank you D., my grand doggy, my loyal protector, my barn yard companion, my daughter’s heart.
Take a chance on yourself and know that you have no limits. Even when your brain says that you do have limits, you don’t!
Take a chance!
Now go be a goal getting, goal setting, goal digger!!!
Join my free virtual workshop…Break the Commit and Quit Cycle.